UMKC tops Houston Baptist, 102-87Dec 13, 2009 - 4:21 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Jay Couisnard scored 24 points, leading six UMKC players in double figures, in a 102-87 victory over Houston Baptist Saturday night.
All five starters for the Kangaroos (5-4) scored 10 or more points, as well as reserve Bakari Lewis, who scored 17. LaTreze Mushatt and Spencer Johnson each scored 14, Trey McKinney-Jones had 12 and Alex Bazzell 10. Couisnard and McKinney-Jones each had 10 points from the free-throw line, where UMKC made 38-of-47 in the foul-plagued game. The Kangaroos also made 57 percent (28-for-49) from the field.
Houston Baptist (1-8) led early but UMKC opened up a 20-point lead late in the first half and led 52-36 at the break. Andrew Gonzalez scored 25 points and Wendell Preadom 21 for the Huskies.
Houston Baptist was 28-for-41 at the free-throw line. There were 59 fouls called in the game, 31 on the Huskies.
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16