Montreat 49, N.C.-Asheville 100Dec 14, 2009 - 12:40 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Sean Smith scored 18 points to lead five North Carolina-Asheville players in double figures in a 100-49 rout of Montreat on Sunday.
The Bulldogs (2-6) opened a four-game homestand by rolling to a 50-23 halftime lead on their way to winning their second straight game. It was their biggest victory since defeating Voorhees 103-44 on Nov. 25, 1988.
J.D. Primm scored 14 points, John Williams had 11 and Chris Stephenson and Quinard Jackson scored 10 each for the Bulldogs.
They were 32-for-65 from the field (49.2 percent), the first time they've shot better than 43 percent from the floor this season.
D.J. Cunningham had nine rebounds as the Bulldogs outrebounded Montreat 58-32.
Seth Moore led the Cavaliers (2-11) with eight points. Montreat, a NAIA program that has lost six consecutive games, shot 29.3 percent from the field (17-for-58).
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15
- No. 16 NC State squeaks past UNC-Asheville Nov 23
- No. 16 Wolfpack set to pounce on Bulldogs Nov 23
- Syracuse avoids scare, advances past Bulldogs Mar 15
- Top-seeded Orange begin tournament play against Bulldogs Mar 15