DePaul defeats Illinois-Chicago 77-56Dec 14, 2009 - 1:09 AM ROSEMONT, Ill.(AP) -- Will Walker scored 18 points and Devin Hill added 12 points and nine rebounds to lead DePaul to a 77-56 victory over Illinois-Chicago on Sunday night.
DePaul (6-3) bounced back from a 31-point loss to Mississippi State in the Big East/SEC Invitational on Thursday in Tampa.
Leading 29-27 with 4:17 left in the first half, DePaul pulled away by scoring 10 unanswered points to close out the first half. Hill capped the half with a three-point play. Hill led the Blue Demons with 10 points and seven rebounds in the half.
Jeremiah Kelly finished with 11 points for DePaul.
Robo Kreps led Illinois-Chicago (1-6) with 18 points. He was 4-of-8 in the first half for 11 points.
Illinois-Chicago, which trailed by double digits throughout the second half has lost six straight after beating Illinois-Springfield in its opener. Zavion Neely added 15 points for the Flames.
Flames center K.C. Robbins was ejected and assessed a flagrant foul late in the first half after he hit DePaul's Mario Stula with a right forearm that sent Stula to the floor. Stula got up under his own power and came back in the game later in the half.
Walker eclipsed the 1,000 career-point milestone with a 3 to put DePaul up 46-29 early in the second half. He became the 45th player in DePaul history with 1,000 or more points.
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- Leitao back as DePaul coach Mar 29
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Purnell resigns as DePaul head coach Mar 15
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Dunham, Butler top reeling DePaul Feb 28
- Big East brawl pits Bulldogs against Blue Demons Feb 28
- No. 22 Butler hangs on to beat DePaul Feb 7
- Bulldogs host Blue Demons in Big East brawl Feb 7
- Arcidiacono's strong second half lifts 'Nova past DePaul Jan 31
- DePaul entertains No. 7 Villanova Jan 31
- DePaul takes down Seton Hall Jan 23