Balanced UC Riverside pummels Berry College 85-53Dec 17, 2009 - 5:31 AM RIVERSIDE, Calif.(AP) -- Brandon Dowdy led four UC Riverside players in double figures in an 85-53 victory over Berry College on Wednesday night.
Dowdy scored 14 points, Lateef McMullan and Larry Gurganious had 11 each and Konner Veteto added 10 for the Highlanders (6-3).
UC Riverside coach Jim Wooldridge missed the game with a bad back.
For the second consecutive game, Berry's Tim Miles hit five 3-pointers, falling one shy of his career best with a game-high 19 points. Will Blackwell scored 15 of his 17 points in the first half for the Vikings (3-6).
UC Riverside was never in trouble. The Highlanders led 48-25 at halftime and 77-44 with 6:18 to play in extending their home winning streak to nine games.
They outshot Berry in a big way, going 33-for-68 as opposed to Berry's 16-for-52.
Berry is an NAIA college in Mount Berry, Ga., making the transition to NCAA Division III.
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Apr 5
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Butler freshman Berry to transfer Mar 24
- Long Beach State squeezes past UC Riverside 76-74 Mar 6
- UC Davis runs away from UC Riverside 66-43 Feb 28
- Austin lifts Riverside to 62-53 win over Pacific Feb 26
- UC Riverside slips past Youngstown State 62-60 Feb 20
- UC Riverside defeats UC Irvine, 74-57 Feb 18
- Cal Poly gets by UC Riverside in double OT, 87-84 Feb 14
- UC Riverside rolls past Cal State-Fullerton 76-59 Feb 6