Redus, South Alabama edge Ark.-Little Rock 74-71Dec 17, 2009 - 4:56 AM MOBILE, Ala.(AP) -- Bryan Sherrer scored 21 points and Gary Redus made all 10 of his free throws, including two with 9 seconds left, as South Alabama rallied to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 74-71 on Wednesday night.
After Martino Brock's layup put South Alabama (8-3, 1-0 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 69-65 with 1:35 left, Ricky Davison's 3-pointer pulled the Trojans (4-7, 0-1) within 69-68.
LaShun Watson's layup made it 71-68 Jaguars with 53 seconds left, but Solomon Bozeman, who led Arkansas-Little Rock with 19 points, answered at the 0:39 mark.
After Sherrer and Bozeman each made one of two free throws, Redus, the son of former major league outfielder Gary Redus, made both of his. He finished with 16 points.
Bozeman then missed a 3-point try with 7 seconds left.
Arkansas-Little Rock led 34-28 at halftime after erasing a 14-11 deficit with a 12-0 run.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 74 FINAL
Dec 16 11:31 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 28 HALFTIME
Dec 16 10:02 PM
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19