Anderson leads Oklahoma State past Stanford 71-70Dec 17, 2009 - 6:14 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- James Anderson scored 28 points to help Oklahoma State beat Stanford 71-70 on Wednesday night as part of the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series.
Obi Muonelo added a season-high 20 points for the Cowboys (9-1), who won their third straight since losing to Tulsa two weeks ago.
Landry Fields had 22 points and 12 rebounds for the Cardinal (5-4), which lost for the second time in six home games. Jeremy Green added 19 points, and Andrew Zimmerman had 14.
The Big 12 owns a 9-2 record in the series, with Stanford's game at Texas Tech on Tuesday the only remaining contest.
Stanford closed the first half on a 9-2 run over the final 3 minutes to pull within 35-30 at intermission.
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 71
STANFORD 70 FINAL
Dec 17 1:08 AM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OKLAHOMA STATE 35 35
STANFORD 30 30 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
OKLAHOMA STATE - JAMES ANDERSON 14, MATT PILGRIM 7, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 6
STANFORD - LANDRY FIELDS 10, ANDREW ZIMMERMANN 8,
JEREMY GREEN 7
Dec 16 11:55 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11