Machado leads Iona past Albany 75-62Dec 18, 2009 - 3:48 AM NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(AP) -- Scott Machado scored 14 points and had six assists and five steals as Iona rolled past Albany (N.Y.) 75-62 on Thursday night in the first meeting between the two teams.
The Gaels (7-4), coming off one of the program's biggest wins, an 82-73 victory over Providence on Saturday, shot 54.7 percent from the field (29-for-53) and were 9-for-21 from 3-point range.
The Great Danes (4-8), who have lost five of their last six, used a 17-4 run to lead 26-16 with 9:38 left in the first half. Iona closed out the half 25-10 to lead 41-36 at the break.
Leading 55-45, the Gaels used a 12-0 run, holding Albany scoreless from 14:55 to 8:21, to pull ahead 67-45.
Kyle Smyth added 10 points for Iona, which has won three straight games.
Will Harris had 20 points and Tim Ambrose added 14 points and six rebounds for the Great Danes, who outrebounded the Gaels 30-26.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9