William & Mary defeats Vassar 94-48Dec 19, 2009 - 8:34 PM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- JohnMark Ludwick scored 21 points and Danny Sumner added 15 in William & Mary's 94-48 win over Vassar College on Saturday.
Sumner scored 13 of his points during a 21-4 Tribe run to open the second half. He capped the run on a 3-pointer with 15:13 remaining to give William & Mary a 69-25 lead.
Kendrix Brown chipped in 10 points for William & Mary (7-2) in its seventh straight win.
The Tribe, who lead the Colonial Athletic Association in scoring offense (75.4 points per game), shot 55.2 percent from the field (32 of 58) against the Brewers.
Ludwick was 7 of 8 from the field, including 5 of 6 from 3-point range.
The Tribe opened the game with a 25-66 lead on two Sean McCurdy free throws with 8:52 left until halftime.
Division III Vassar, which lost its seventh straight, was led by Jon Herzog with 18 points and Caleb McGraw with 17.
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Shockers overcome slow start to down William & Mary Nov 15
- Shockers take on Tribe in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 14
- Missouri crushes William & Mary Dec 18
- Tribe tangle with 10th-ranked Tigers Dec 18
- No. 10 Syracuse survives scare from William & Mary Nov 21