Georgia State defeats Eastern Michigan 67-66Dec 19, 2009 - 11:36 PM ATLANTA(AP) -- Trae Goldston scored 22 points, including a go-ahead 3-pointer late in the second half, as Georgia State defeated Eastern Michigan 67-66 on Saturday.
Goldston shot 8-for-13 from the field and made five 3-pointers for the Panthers (6-6).
Trailing by two points with less than 3 minutes left to play, Goldston made a 3 to make the score 62-60. Two free throws from Eastern Michigan's Antonio Green tied the score at 62, but Marques Johnson responded with a jumper for the Panthers, giving them a 64-62 lead.
Brandon Bowdry was then sent to the free-throw line, but made only one shot. Joe Dukes then made two free throws to give Georgia State a 66-63 advantage with 29 seconds left. Eastern Michigan missed two 3s and a layup on their final possession, and Bowdry's layup made up the final score.
Bowdry finished with 21 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Eagles (6-4).
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 65
GEORGIA ST 66 FINAL
Dec 19 6:10 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 26
GEORGIA ST 30 HALFTIME
Dec 19 4:58 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8