Appalachian State beats Robert Morris 65-52Dec 20, 2009 - 2:10 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 17 points to lead Appalachian State to a 65-52 win over Robert Morris on Saturday night.
The win was the third straight for the Mountaineers (7-4). Jeremi Booth chipped in with 11 points, while Isaac Butts added 11 rebounds and two blocks.
Appalachian State led 33-24 at halftime, but the Colonials (4-6) used a 14-2 run late in the second half to cut the Mountaineers' lead to 50-49 with 5:15 remaining. But Appalachian State responded with a 12-0 run to take a 62-49 lead with 1:07 left, and Robert Morris was held scoreless for 4 minutes.
Karon Abraham scored 15 points for Robert Morris, while Jimmy Langhurst scored 14.
The Colonials forced the Mountaineers to commit 16 turnovers, but suffered from poor shooting. Robert Morris shot 26.1 percent from the field (18-for-69), including 26.7 percent from 3-point range (8-for-30).
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 65
ROBERT MORRIS 52 FINAL
Dec 19 8:46 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 33
ROBERT MORRIS 24 HALFTIME
Dec 19 7:41 PM
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10