Alabama State beats Auburn-Montgomery 79-66Dec 20, 2009 - 4:14 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- Robert Sanders scored 21 points and Alabama State snapped a five-game losing streak with a 79-66 win over Auburn-Montgomery on Saturday night.
Menji Mundadi added 17 points, Tramaine Butler had 14 and Sekani Milligan added 11 for the Hornets (2-7).
It was the seventh straight win for the Hornets over the NAIA Senators (6-5).
The Hornets, who came into the game shooting only 32.4 percent from the field on the season, made 53.2 percent (25-for-47) of their shots. Alabama State built a 44-36 halftime lead on the strength of 65.2 percent shooting (15-for-23) in the first half.
The Hornets built their biggest lead at 70-51 with 5:13 remaining on two free throws by Mundadi.
Daniel Quinlan led the Senators with 11 points.
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- No. 21 Cincinnati routs Alabama State Nov 14
- 21st-ranked Bearcats open season against visiting Hornets Nov 13
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Alabama State wins SWAC title over Grambling Mar 13
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff tops Alabama State 46-44 Mar 12
- Alabama State defeats Alabama A&M 56-45 in SWAC Mar 11
- Jackson State defeats Alabama State 60-59 Mar 6
- Alabama State defeats Grambling State 81-76 Mar 4
- Alabama State pulls away late for 52-43 victory Mar 2
- Alabama State defeats Texas Southern 69-61 Feb 27