Illinois-Chicago pastes Northern Illinois 69-49Dec 19, 2009 - 11:41 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Robo Kreps had 25 points and nine rebounds Saturday to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 69-49 victory over Northern Illinois.
Jeremy Buttell scored 16 and Zavion Neely 13 for the Flames (3-6).
Michael Fakuade led the Huskies (1-7) with 11 points and nine boards.
Northern Illinois got off quickly, leading 11-4. But Neely's basket, part of a 10-0 Flames run, tied it 11-11 with 14:27 left in the first half, and Illinois-Chicago never trailed after that.
K.C. Robbins scored with 3:29 left to give the Flames their largest lead of the first half at 34-18. They led 36-27 at intermission and steadily pulled away.
The Flames outshot the Huskies 42.9 percent to 32.5 and committed only seven turnovers.
UIC beat NIU for the third straight time and the ninth time in a row in Chicago.
Northern Illinois lost for the 40th time in its last 45 road games.
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14
- UIC gives Moore contract extension Apr 17
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26