Louisville defeats Western Kentucky 102-75Dec 19, 2009 - 11:39 PM LOUISVILLE, Ky.(AP) -- Edgar Sosa and Jerry Smith scored 17 points apiece to pace six Louisville players in double figures as the Cardinals routed Western Kentucky 102-75 on Saturday.
Louisville avenged last season's loss to the Hilltoppers by shooting 55.6 percent (35-for-63) from the field and converting 25 Western Kentucky turnovers into 36 points in the Billy Minardi Classic.
Samardo Samuels added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Cardinals (7-3), while Terrence Jennings tallied 11 points off the bench. Jared Swopshire and Kyle Kuric added 10 points apiece for Louisville.
Steffphon Pettigrew scored 23 points to lead the Hilltoppers (5-4) and A.J. Slaughter added 16.
Western Kentucky played without second-leading scorer and leading rebounder Sergio Kerusch. The 6-foot-5 junior forward, who is averaging 13.4 points and 6.9 rebounds per game, broke his foot in practice on Friday.
- NCAA BB
LOUISVILLE 102 FINAL
Dec 19 6:18 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISVILLE 45 HALFTIME
Dec 19 4:58 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6
- Louisville men's basketball team coping with postseason ban Feb 6