Denver beats Louisiana-Monroe 87-65Dec 20, 2009 - 1:06 AM DENVER(AP) -- Andrew Hooper matched a career-high with 19 points and Denver shot 71 percent to defeat Louisiana-Monroe 87-65 Saturday night.
Andrew Hooper hit 5 of 5 3-pointers and Denver (8-3, 2-0 Sun Belt) had a season-high 13 3's.
Nate Rohnert added 16 points and Brian Stafford 14. The Pioneers beat Louisiana-Monroe for the fourth straight time.
Dynile Forbes led Louisiana-Monroe (3-8, 0-2 Sun Belt) with 21 points. Tony Hooper had 15 for the Warhawks, who suffered their fifth straight loss.
The Warhawks shot 50 percent from the field.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21