Louisiana Tech knocks off McNeese State 79-58Dec 20, 2009 - 3:42 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Kyle Gibson scored 19 points to lead four Louisiana Tech players in double figures as the Bulldogs knocked off McNeese State 79-58 on Saturday night.
Louisiana Tech (10-2) is 5-0 against other state schools this season, also defeating Nicholls State, Louisiana-Monroe, Northwestern State and Centenary.
McNeese State (4-6) led 14-7 before the Bulldogs scored the next 10 points for a 17-14 lead with 10:09 left in the first half. The Bulldogs finished the first half on a 15-0 run for a 44-23 lead.
Gibson continued his strong season at the free throw line, going 6-for-6. He's 93-for-105 from the line this season (88.7 percent).
Magnum Rolle had 14 points and 17 rebounds, Olu Ashaolu scored 13 points and DeAndre Brown added 11 points for the Bulldogs, who led by as many as 28 in the second half.
Patrick Richard led McNeese State with 12 points and eight rebounds.
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22