Missouri State tops Saint Louis 73-63Dec 20, 2009 - 3:44 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Adam Leanard and Jermaine Mallett had 15 points each to lead four Missouri State players in double figures as the Bears topped Saint Louis 73-63 Saturday night.
Kyle Weems had 11 points for Missouri State (10-0), and Will Creekmore added 10.
Willie Reed had a game-high 19 points to lead Saint Louis (7-4). Christian Salecich and Justin Jordan added 15 points each for the Billikens. Salecich had three 3-pointers, and Jordan hit 8 of 10 free throws.
The Bears outrebounded Saint Louis 35-28.
Missouri State led 33-28 at halftime and built a lead as high as 13 points, 51-38, by the midpoint of the second half. Relying on two 3-pointers by Salecich and one by Jordan, the Billikens came as close as 53-49 with 7:20 to play.
But the Bears used an 8-0 run to build a 61-49 cushion with 4 1/2 minutes left and Saint Louis never got closer than seven points.
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18