Babbitt's 17 points lead Nevada past Wagner 74-61Dec 20, 2009 - 5:24 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 17 points to lead Nevada past Wagner 74-61 on Saturday.
Armon Johnson added 12 points and Brandon Fields and Joey Shaw added 11 each for the Wolf Pack (6-4).
Chris Martin had 21 points and Michael Orock 15 for the Seahawks (1-9).
Nevada led 34-32 with 19 minutes to play before Babbitt sparked a 20-8 run over the next eight minutes. His 3-pointer gave the Wolf Pack a 54-40 lead with 10:43 left.
The Wolf Pack's largest lead was 18 points, 63-45, with 6:56 left.
Wagner rallied against Nevada's reserves in the final three minutes, but could get no closer than eight points at 69-61 on a steal and layup by Martin with 1:52 left.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8