Marshall beats High Point 109-76Dec 21, 2009 - 2:40 AM HUNTINGTON, W.Va.(AP) -- Damier Pitts and Tyler Wilkerson scored 18 points apiece, leading Marshall to its seventh-straight win with a 109-76 rout of High Point on Sunday night.
The game was postponed from its original 2 p.m. start time due to poor road conditions and sever weather in the area, but it didn't seem to bother Marshall on the court.
Marshall (9-1) broke open an early 9-7 game with an 11-0 run that put the game out of reach midway through the opening quarter. Marshall led 42-26 at halftime and put the game away with a 22-9 run in the second.
Wilkerson also added 10 rebounds for Marshall, which is off to its best start since 2000-01. The Thundering Herd improved their all-time record against High Point to 4-0. Hassan Whiteside, who recorded Marshall's first ever triple-double on Dec. 16, scored 13 and grabbed 10 boards.
Nick Barbour led the Panthers (4-5) with 26 points.
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Marshall assistant coach Chris Duhon suspended after arrest Nov 30
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- No. 22 WVU rallies to top Marshall Dec 14
- Marshall challenges No. 22 West Virginia Dec 14
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Louisville pulls away to down Marshall Nov 22
- Marshall comes calling on No. 7 Louisville Nov 21