ETSU crushes Jacksonville 93-70Dec 22, 2009 - 3:17 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.(AP) -- Micah Williams scored 17 points to lead East Tennessee State in a 93-70 victory over Jacksonville on Monday night.
Justin Tubbs added 16 points for the Buccaneers (6-7, 2-0 Atlantic Sun Conference). Tommy Hubbard chipped in with 15 points and 10 rebounds, while Jarvis Jones had 14 points.
Two free throws by Tubbs capped a 9-0 run early in the second half that gave ETSU a 53-35 lead with 16:41 left. The Buccaneers would lead by double-digits for the rest of the game, leading by as many as 35 points at 93-58 with 2:32 remaining.
Ben Smith led the Dolphins (1-7, 0-2) with 32 points on 9-of-17 shooting. Travis Cohn added 15 points.
ETSU outrebounded Jacksonville 43-24, and benefited from 29 second-chance points.
The Buccaneers shot 56.1 percent from the field (32-for-57), while Jacksonville shot just 38.6 percent (22-for-57).
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Indiana dominates Jacksonville Dec 29
- Jacksonville faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Indiana Dec 28
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23
- Bucs seek upset of fourth-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- North Carolina crushes East Tennessee State Dec 9