Kent State defeats Robert Morris 71-57Dec 23, 2009 - 3:21 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.(AP) -- Justin Greene scored 21 points to lead Kent State to a 71-57 win over Robert Morris on Tuesday night.
Greene shot only 4-for-9 from the field, but was 13-for-14 from the free throw line. Tyree Evans added 16 points for the Golden Flashes (7-4).
Kent State took a double-digit advantage early on, leading 12-2 with 16 minutes left in the first half. The Golden Flashes would lead 33-26 at halftime.
The Colonials (4-7) chipped away at the lead in the second half, and used a 7-0 run to cut the lead to 37-35 with 16:55 remaining. But Kent State proved to be too strong, and used an 20-6 run over a 6-minute span to take a 71-53 lead with 1:48 left.
Karon Abraham led Robert Morris with 13 points and Russell Johnson chipped in with 11.
The Golden Flashes scored 21 points off of Robert Morris' 19 turnovers.
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11