Gonzalves leads Richmond past NC-Greensboro 89-63Dec 22, 2009 - 7:24 PM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- David Gonzalves had a season-high 25 points to lead Richmond to an 89-63 win over North Carolina-Greensboro on Tuesday.
Gonzalves scored 16 points in the first half as the Spiders (9-3) finished the half on an 11-4 run to claim a 40-31 lead at halftime, despite the Spartans (2-8) scoring the first eight points of the game.
Richmond put the game away by hitting four 3-pointers - two by Anderson - in a three-minute span early in the second half to take a 62-48 lead with 11:58 left.
Anderson scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half, Dan Geriot had 13 off the bench and Justin Harper added 10.
Richmond had a season highs with 10 blocks and 15 steals on 20 turnovers by the Spartans. Richmond hit 55.4 percent from the floor - 11-for-22 from beyond the arc.
Brandon Evans led N.C.-Greensboro with a season-high 22 points.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- VCU downs Richmond to reach A-10 semis Mar 15
- Rams meet Spiders in A-10 quarterfinals Mar 14