Miller leads Army past New Hampshire 54-46Dec 22, 2009 - 10:29 PM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Josh Miller scored 13 points and Army beat New Hampshire 54-46 in a cold-shooting game for both teams on Tuesday afternoon.
Cleveland Richard and Jeremy Hence each had 11 points for the Black Knights (9-2), who shot 39.2 percent (20-for-51) from the floor.
Armys nine wins in its first 11 games marks the program's best start since the 2006-07 squad also started 9-2.
The Wildcats (4-5) shot even worse from the field, hitting 31.1 percent (14-for-45).
Tyrone Conley led New Hampshire with a game-high 17 points. Alvin Abreu finished with 12 points and Dane DiLiegro had 15 rebounds.
Army went into halftime with a 24-18 lead. The Black Knights, who won their fourth in a row, increased their lead to open the second half by outscoring New Hampshire 17-5 to take a 41-23 lead - their largest of the game - on Miller's 3 with 13:10 left.
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Army, Penn to play before Duke-Butler game Jul 8
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- Lehigh moves past Army 64-45 Mar 3
- New Hampshire knocks off Stony Brook 77-55 Feb 28