William & Mary defeats Radford 70-68Dec 23, 2009 - 2:42 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Quinn McDowell scored 27 points to lead William & Mary to its eighth straight win with a 70-68 win over Radford on Tuesday night.
David Schneider added 20 points for the Tribe (8-2). Schneider and McDowell each nailed six 3-pointers.
After an evenly played first half, William & Mary used an 8-0 run in the second half to jump out to a 59-52 lead with 11:12 remaining.
The Highlanders cut the lead to 69-68 on a layup from Lazar Trifunovic with 26 seconds left. Kendrix Brown then made 1 of 2 free throws for the Tribe, but both Trifunovic and Joey Lynch-Flohr missed potential game-tying jumpers on Radford's final possession.
Radford (5-4) was led by Art Parakhouski, who scored 24 points.
The Highlanders outrebounded William & Mary 43-30, but were outscored in the paint 28-10.
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Shockers overcome slow start to down William & Mary Nov 15
- Shockers take on Tribe in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 14
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Missouri crushes William & Mary Dec 18
- Tribe tangle with 10th-ranked Tigers Dec 18