Duquesne rolls over Saint Francis 86-56Dec 23, 2009 - 2:39 AM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Damian Saunders scored 18 points and had 12 rebounds for his 10th double-double of the season while helping Duquesne cruise to an 86-56 win over Saint Francis (Pa.) on Tuesday night.
Saunders also had four blocked shots, three assists and two steals for the Dukes (9-4), who have won three of their last four games.
Duquesne jumped out to an 18-5 lead and led by as many as 20 en route to a 47-29 halftime margin. After Saunders opened the second half with a 3-pointer, Saint Francis (3-9) could get no closer than 19 the rest of the way.
Eric Evans added 17 points and Bill Clark had 16 for the Dukes, who have won 10 straight against the Red Flash and lead the series 61-12.
Umar Shannon scored 12 points to lead Saint Francis, which shot 37.0 percent (20-for-54) from the field. Duquesne was holding opponents to .376 from the field, its lowest mark since 1956-57 (.355).
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- St. Louis sneaks past Duquesne Jan 22
- Dukes seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Jan 22
- Clarke and Butler rout Duquesne Feb 19
- No. 15 Butler takes on Duquesne in A-10 affair Feb 19