Lafayette defeats St. Francis 74-69Dec 23, 2009 - 3:23 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Jim Mower scored all 16 of his points in the second half and Lafayette defeated St. Francis (N.Y.) 74-69 on Tuesday night.
Mower, who missed his only field goal of the first half, was 4 of 7 from 3-point range in the second half.
The Leopards (7-5) led 25-21 at halftime and shot 69.6 percent from the field in the second half (16 of 23). Lafayette made 58.3 percent of its 3-pointers (7 of 12) before halftime.
Lafayette had 13 of its 22 assists in the second half and led 66-43 on Mower's 3 with 7:12 to play.
Jared Mintz scored 15 points on 7 of 9 shooting, Ryan Willen added 13 points and Michael Gruner had 11 for Lafayette, which won its third straight.
Stefan Perunicic paced the Terriers (3-7) with 22 points. Kayode Ayeni scored 15 points and Akeem Bennett added 11 for St. Francis.
ST FRANCIS NY 69 FINAL
Dec 22 9:43 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 21 HALFTIME
Dec 22 8:16 PM
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18