Mitchell's 33 help Saint Louis beat UMKC 61-54Dec 23, 2009 - 4:07 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Kwamain Mitchell accounted for more than half his team's scoring, picking up a career-high 33 points in Saint Louis' 61-54 victory over Missouri-Kansas City on Tuesday night.
Mitchell made 11 of 18 from the field, including a pair of 3-pointers, and became the first player in a decade to score more than 30 points for the Billikens (8-4). The last player to do so was Justin Love, who had 31 points on Dec. 1, 1999.
The game was tied at 25 at halftime, but the Billikens got 26 chances from the free-throw line in second half, which they turned into 18 points and the win.
Christian Salecich and Justin Jordan added eight points each for the Billikens.
Trey Mckinney-Jones led the Kangaroos (6-5) in scoring with 18 points, while LaTreze Mushatt added 11 and Jay Couisnard had 10.
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22
- Saint Louis battles back, downs NC State in overtime Mar 21
- Wolfpack battle Billikens in Midwest showdown Mar 20