Hooper's 3-pointer lifts Denver to 84-83 victoryDec 23, 2009 - 5:28 AM DENVER(AP) -- Andrew Hooper hit a 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left and Denver overcame a 16-point second-half deficit to defeat Seattle 84-83 Tuesday night.
Charles Garcia failed to get off a shot for the Redhawks (6-7) as time expired.
Hooper, who had five points, hit the game-winning shot after Peter Harris made only 1-of-2 free throws for Seattle.
Nate Rohnert had a career-high 34 points for Denver (9-3), which trailed 64-48 with 11:56 left. Denver has won eight straight at home.
Garcia, the nation's sixth leading scorer, didn't start the game because of missing a team practice but finished with 24 points in 23 minutes.
Chris Gweth added 18 points for Seattle.
- NCAA BB
DENVER 84 FINAL
Dec 23 12:12 AM
- NCAA BB
DENVER 37 HALFTIME
Dec 22 10:31 PM
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Cobbs leads Cal over Denver Nov 26