Louisville eases past Louisiana-Lafayette 84-69Dec 24, 2009 - 2:25 AM By WILL GRAVES AP Sports Writer
LOUISVILLE, Ky.(AP) -- Samardo Samuels posted career highs with 29 points and 15 rebounds as Louisville beat Louisiana-Lafayette 84-69 on Wednesday night.
Kyle Kuric added 13 points and seven rebounds off the bench while Preston Knowles had 11 points and five assists as the Cardinals (8-3) won their third straight.
Louisville dominated the paint despite playing without sophomore center Terrence Jennings, who was suspended for the game for violating team rules.
The Cardinals outrebounded the Ragin' Cajuns 48-30 and outscored them 44-10 in the paint.
Chris Gradnigo led Louisiana-Lafayette (4-7) with 23 points and Randell Daigle had 21, but the Ragin' Cajuns ran out of gas after trimming Louisville's lead to 72-63 with 3:33 remaining.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 69
LOUISVILLE 84 FINAL
Dec 23 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 31
LOUISVILLE 38 HALFTIME
Dec 23 7:54 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6
- Louisville men's basketball team coping with postseason ban Feb 6