Young leads Montana to 100-52 rout of Great FallsDec 24, 2009 - 4:14 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Raason Young scored 20 points to lead four Montana players in double figures in a 100-52 victory over Great Falls on Wednesday night.
Young went 6 of 7 from 3-point range, where the Grizzlies (10-4) combined to shoot 13 of 21 (62 percent). Ryan Staudacher added 14 points and Michael Taylor 13 for Montana. The pair accounted for the other seven 3-pointers.
Staudacher sank three 3-pointers in the opening four minutes to lead the Grizzlies out of the gate. They never trailed.
Kevin Harris paced the NAIA-affiliated Argonauts (4-10) with 16 points.
Montana had 29 points off 22 Great Falls turnovers and outrebounded the undersized Argos 34-24.
Will Cherry added 11 points and seven assists for the Grizzlies.
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Montana gives Tinkle, Selvig extensions May 25
- Balanced attack leads Wisconsin in rout of Montana Mar 15
- Badgers clash with Grizzlies in Big Dance Mar 15
- Montana tops Weber State, wins Big Sky tourney Mar 8