Louisville beats Radford 79-53 for 4th straightDec 27, 2009 - 8:10 PM By WILL GRAVES AP Sports Writer
LOUISVILLE, Ky.(AP) -- Samardo Samuels had 18 points and 14 rebounds to lead surging Louisville past Radford 79-53 on Sunday.
Jared Swopshire added 13 points and the Cardinals (9-3) won their fourth straight by swarming the visiting Highlanders (5-5) from the opening tip.
Samuels scored nine points during a 12-0 first-half run and Louisville kept Radford center Art Parakhouski in check. Parakhouski finished with 14 points and eight rebounds. The senior entered the game averaging 22.7 points and 14.0 rebounds, tops in the nation.
The Highlanders shot just 37 percent from the field and were outrebounded 46-33.
With a dozen NBA scouts on hand to get a look at Parakhouski, instead it was Samuels who impressed.
The sophomore posted his fourth double-double of the season and nearly matched the career-high 15 rebounds he grabbed in a win over Louisiana-Lafayette last Wednesday.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
RADFORD 20 33 53
LOUISVILLE 37 42 79 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: RADFORD - ARTSIOM PARAKHOUSKI 14, JOEY LYNCH-FLOHR
11, LAZAR TRIFUNOVIC 11
LOUISVILLE - SAMARDO SAMUELS 18, JARED SWOPSHIRE 13,
TERRENCE JENNINGS 11
Dec 27 3:06 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISVILLE 37 HALFTIME
Dec 27 1:56 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6
- Louisville men's basketball team coping with postseason ban Feb 6