Morehead State defeats South Dakota 66-64Dec 29, 2009 - 3:33 AM VERMILLION, S.D.(AP) -- Maze Stallworth scored 21 points and hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:45 remaining to help Morehead State to a 66-64 victory against South Dakota on Monday night.
Stallworth's shot gave the Eagles (6-6) a 65-63 lead, a score that held until Cain Tyler of South Dakota had two free throws with three seconds remaining. Tyler, who had 17 points and 15 rebounds, missed the first and made the second, and Stallworth was fouled immediately after the inbounds pass.
Stallworth went 1 of 2 from the line, and a desperate 3-point attempt by South Dakota's Jake Thomas was no good.
Kenneth Faried had 15 points and Steve Peterson 12 for Morehead State. Thomas, Roman Gentry and Kendall Cutler had 10 points each for the Coyotes (6-6).
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 66
SOUTH DAKOTA 64 FINAL
Dec 28 10:07 PM
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 36
SOUTH DAKOTA 29 HALFTIME
Dec 28 8:47 PM
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16