Indiana's 90-42 win over Bryant may carry big costDec 29, 2009 - 4:13 AM By MICHAEL MAROT AP Sports Writer
BLOOMINGTON, Ind.(AP) -- Christian Watford had 15 points and nine rebounds as Indiana routed winless Bryant 90-42 on Monday night - a win that may have cost them much more than they earned.
In the Hoosiers' (6-6) final Big Ten tuneup, they may have sustained a devastating blow early in the second half when it appeared freshman Maurice Creek landed awkwardly on his left leg after being fouled. Creek, the Big Ten's top freshman scorer at 17.6 points, left the court on a stretcher. There was no immediate word on his condition.
Bryant (0-13) was led by Michael Chroney with 13 points and have now lost two straight games by at least 36 points. The Bulldogs have lost 15 in a row, dating to last season.
Indiana took control quickly, jumping to a 19-5 lead in the first nine minutes, extended it to 45-17 at the half and never let Bryant get close.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BRYANT 17 25 42
INDIANA 45 45 90 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: BRYANT - MICHAEL CHRONEY 13, VLAD KONDRATYEV 10,
BARRY LATHAM 6
INDIANA - VERDELL JONES III 15, CHRISTIAN WATFORD
15, TWO PLAYERS WITH 12
Dec 28 11:06 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA 45 HALFTIME
Dec 28 9:58 PM
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Indiana prepares for Chattanooga, No. 12 seed pressure Mar 16
- Ferrell says Indiana legacy incomplete without deep NCAA run Mar 14