Siena defeats Saint Joseph's 92-75Dec 30, 2009 - 3:34 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Alex Franklin scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to help Siena defeat Saint Joseph's 92-75 on Tuesday night.
Edwin Ubiles scored 20 of his 22 points in the second half, Clarence Jackson added 23 points and Garrett Williamson had 12 assists for the Saints (8-4).
Siena won its 26th straight home game, equaling a school record set from 1986-89.
Saint Joseph's (4-7) led 39-34 with 2:07 left in the first half, before Siena closed out the half on a 9-3 run for a 43-42 advantage at halftime.
Siena shot 52.8 percent (19 of 31) and the Hawks committed 11 turnovers in the second half in their seventh loss in eight games.
The Saints outrebounded Saint Joseph's 40-29 as Ryan Rossiter grabbed 14 boards.
Idris Hilliard scored 14 points on his return from a one-game suspension for failure to comply with university and team academic standards.
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 13 Gonzaga rips SJU Nov 20
- Hawks fly west to take on 13th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 19
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18