High Point defeats North Carolina Central 70-58Dec 30, 2009 - 2:33 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Cruz Daniels scored 12 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to help High Point defeat North Carolina Central 70-58 on Tuesday night.
The Panthers, who snapped a four-game losing streak, shot 48.1 percent in the second half (13 of 27) after making just 11 of 31 from the field in the first half (35.5 percent).
Eugene Harris scored 14 points and Nick Barbour and Jairus Simms added 10 each for High Point (5-6).
The Panthers led 30-26 at halftime and held the Eagles (2-11) to 28.6 percent shooting in the second half (8 of 28).
High Point, which improved to 4-0 at home, outrebounded N.C. Central 48-32.
Nick Chasten scored a career-high 20 points for the Eagles, who lost their fourth straight.
C.J. Wilkers added 16 points, Michael Glasker chipped in 11 and T.J. Granger tallied 10 rebounds for N.C. Central, which shot 28.1 percent in the game (16 of 57).
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 58
HIGH POINT 70 FINAL
Dec 29 9:14 PM
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 26
HIGH POINT 30 HALFTIME
Dec 29 7:56 PM
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22