Eastern Michigan defeats Northwood, Mich., 72-58Dec 31, 2009 - 2:51 AM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Carlos Medlock scored 24 points to lead Eastern Michigan to a 72-58 victory over Northwood, Michigan, on Wednesday night.
Brandon Bowdry had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Eagles (7-5) and Quintin Dailey had 10 points.
Eastern Michigan raced to a 14-2 lead and stayed ahead by double digits most of the way in the first half. The Eagles led 37-21 at halftime and maintained a lead of at least 12 points throughout the second half.
Lionel Sullivan scored 18 points to lead Northwood (6-3). Chris Johnson had 12 points and nine rebounds for the Timberwolves, who play in NCAA Division II.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 72 FINAL
Dec 30 8:49 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 37 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:50 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3
- Eagles hoping to soar past 21st-ranked Minutemen Dec 3
- Cauley-Stein, No. 3 Kentucky crush Eastern Michigan Nov 27
- Eagles put perfect mark on line against third-ranked Wildcats Nov 27
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26