Old Dominion downs Duquesne 63-54Dec 31, 2009 - 2:49 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee was the lone player in double figures for Old Dominion, scoring 24 points to lead the Monarchs in a 63-54 win over Duquesne on Wednesday night.
Lee, who finished 10-for-18 from the floor, also chipped in with six rebounds and three blocks. The Monarchs (9-4) totaled 12 blocks, and Frank Hassell led the way with four.
Keyon Carter grabbed nine boards for Old Dominion, which leads the all-time series 5-1.
The teams stayed close throughout the first half, but the Monarchs ended the frame on a 5-0 run for a 28-23 going into the break. Up just three points early in the second, the Monarchs put together a 7-2 run to give them a 10-point cushion with less than 17 minutes left and led the rest of the way.
Sean Johnson led the Dukes (9-5) with 17 points.
The Monarchs have won three straight games and five of their last six.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28