Radford handles George Mason 80-53Dec 31, 2009 - 2:44 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski scored 34 points, including 20 in the second half, and added 12 rebounds and five blocks in an 80-53 victory over George Mason on Wednesday night.
Parakhouski, who entered the game as the nation's top rebounder (13.3), was 11-for-15 from the field and 12-for-15 from the free throw line for his ninth double-double of the season. It was the third time in his career that he has scored 30 or more points in a game.
Radford (6-5), which had lost two straight, led 34-29 at halftime, but outscored George Mason 46-24 in the second half. The Highlanders shot 52.7 percent from the field (29-for-55) despite going 0-for-9 from the 3-point line.
Radford's Laz Trifunovic also had a double-double, scoring 15 points and grabbing a career-high 17 rebounds. Joey-Lynch Flohr added 15 points for the Highlanders.
Luke Hancock led George Mason (6-6) with 10 points.
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20
- Patriots face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Billikens Feb 19
- Loe leads Saint Louis past George Mason in OT Feb 1
- Patriots seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Feb 1
- No. 16 UMass escapes with win over George Mason Jan 15