Bowling Green beats Towson 70-69Dec 31, 2009 - 3:16 AM TOWSON, Md.(AP) -- Otis Polk scored 17 points for Bowling Green and intercepted an inbounds pass under Towson's basket with 3.2 seconds left to preserve the Falcons' 70-69 win on Wednesday night.
The Falcons (6-5) led 44-29 early in the second half, but the Tigers (3-7) chipped away at the lead down the stretch.
Josh Thornton hit three free throws with 3.4 seconds left to pull Towson within the final margin and, after Bowling Green turned the ball over, Polk secured the win with his swipe.
Dee Brown added 15 points for the Falcons, Joe Jakubowski had 12 and Scott Thomas finished with 10.
Jarrel Smith and Josh Thornton scored 17 points apiece to lead Towson.
The Tigers began struggling in the latter part of the first half when the Falcons broke a 25-25 tie with a 12-4 run. The Falcons took a 37-29 lead at the break and maintained it lead the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 70
TOWSON 69 FINAL
Dec 30 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
BOWLING GREEN 37
TOWSON 29 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:47 PM
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- No. 20 Michigan State gets by Bowling Green Dec 19
- 20th-ranked Spartans hit the road to face Falcons Dec 18