N.C.-Asheville 76, W. Carolina 87Dec 30, 2009 - 10:14 PM CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP) -- Jake Robinson hit six 3-pointers and finished with 25 points to lead Western Carolina to an 87-76 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Wednesday.
Robinson was 6-for-9 from 3-point range for the Catamounts (11-2), who hit eight of 20 attempts from long range in the game.
Brandon Giles scored 15 points and Richie Gordon added 14 for Western Carolina.
Jason Lane scored 12 points, and J.P. Primm, Sean Smith and Quinard Jackson added 10 apiece for the Bulldogs (3-8).
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 76
WESTRN CAROLINA 87 FINAL
Dec 30 4:10 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 35
WESTRN CAROLINA 43 HALFTIME
Dec 30 2:55 PM
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15