North Florida beats Palm Beach Atlantic 66-59Dec 31, 2009 - 4:33 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Matt Sauey scored a career-high 19 points to lead North Florida in a 66-59 win over Palm Beach Atlantic on Wednesday night.
Andy Diaz added 13 points for the Ospreys (5-7), who have won four games in a row. Stan Januska led the Ospreys with 12 rebounds, David Jeune had nine and Brad Haugabrook added eight - career-high marks for all three players. Jerron Granberry dished out a career-best five assists.
North Florida used a 13-3 run at the start of the second half to take a 17-point lead, 48-31, with 13:37 on the clock. The largest lead for the Ospreys was 18 with 9:37 remaining.
The Sailfish made a late run, pulling to within 62-56 with just over 1 minute remaining, but four free throws by Haugabrook sealed the victory for North Florida.
Chris Joseph scored 13 points to lead the Sailfish (1-12), who have lost 10 straight games.
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9
- No. 10 Florida hosts North Florida in season opener Nov 8
- Florida Gulf Coast downs North Florida in Atlantic Sun quarterfinals Mar 6
- Golden Gophers rout Ospreys Dec 1
- Ospreys come calling on 21st-ranked Golden Gophers Dec 1