Richard leads Tulane past North Carolina A&T 78-54Dec 31, 2009 - 4:41 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Kris Richard scored 19 points and Tulane tied a school record with 13 3-pointers to defeat North Carolina A&T 78-54 on Wednesday night.
The Green Wave (5-7), who won two games in a row for the first time since late November, attempted 33 shots from long range, also tying a school record. Richard was 5-for-7 from beyond the arc.
The Aggies (4-9), who entered the game averaging 30.8 3-point attempts per game, were 6-for-23 from long range.
Tulane pulled down a season-best 47 rebounds, 16 more than North Carolina A&T, which lost its fourth straight game.
The Green Wave never trailed and led 39-29 at halftime. After Nic Simpson's layup cut the deficit to eight to open the second half, Richard nailed a 3 to start a 15-2 Tulane run to keep the lead in double figures.
The Green Wave had 22 assists on 28 baskets.
Tavarus Alston paced the Aggies with 18 points.
- Tulane's Dunleavy explains decision to try college now Mar 29
- Ex-NBA coach Dunleavy Sr. takes first college job at Tulane Mar 28
- Tulane AD: Ed Conroy out as Tulane men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- St. John's buries Tulane to continue roll Dec 28
- Tulane challenges No. 17 St. John's Dec 28
- No. 13 UW pulls away from Tulane Dec 23
- Green Wave hoping to hand Huskies first loss of season Dec 22
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Six players to leave Tulane Apr 5
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21