St. Gregory's 53, Lamar 76Dec 31, 2009 - 3:37 AM BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) -- Anthony Miles had 23 points and eight rebounds to lead Lamar past St. Gregory's 76-53 Wednesday night.
Justin Nabors added 12 points for the Cardinals (6-7), who beat St. Gregory's for the fifth consecutive year.
Fayzon Richey led St. Gregory's with 14 points, and Ryan Florie came off the bench to add 12 points, all of them from 3-pointers. Jade Carter had nine points and eight rebounds.
Lamar led 12-10 with 14:39 to play in the first half. But the Cardinals opened their lead with a 6-0 run and the Cavaliers, an NAIA team, never posed much of a threat. Lamar led 39-25 at halftime.
The Cardinals outrebounded their opponents 44-33 while shooting 44.1 percent from the field. St. Gregory's shot 32.7 percent.
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29
- Lamar faces uphill climb in clash with No. 3 Kentucky Dec 28
- Sullinger leads No. 2 OSU over Lamar Dec 21