Jackson State downs Spring Hill 88-70Dec 31, 2009 - 4:17 AM JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Tyrone Hanson scored 23 points and Garrison Johnson added 20, leading Jackson State in an 88-70 win over Spring Hill College on Wednesday night.
Johnson also tallied three steals and Hanson chipped in two more for the Tigers (2-10), who have won back to back games for the first time this season after opening with 10 straight losses. The pair also recorded one block apiece.
The Tigers led by just nine points with 8:46 left in the first half, but put together a 12-4 run from that juncture and cruised from there.
Jackson State led by nine at halftime and outscored the Badgers, an NAIA school, 45-36 in the second half.
Antonio Burch scored 17 points to lead the Badgers, who counted the game as an exhibition.
The Tigers shot 70.6 percent from beyond the arc (12-for-17) compared to just a 47.4 mark (9-for-19) for the Badgers.
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11
- No. 22 Memphis drops Jackson State Nov 29
- Jackson State faces tough task in bout with Memphis Nov 28
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Jackson State Nov 19
- Third-ranked Buckeyes play host to hapless Tigers Nov 18
- Baylor handles Jackson State Nov 13
- Jackson State visits No. 12 Baylor Nov 13
- No. 8 Florida routs Jackson State by 40 Nov 12