Late run lifts North Texas to 83-78 victoryJan 1, 2010 - 1:39 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Tristan Thompson sparked an 11-3 run in the final two minutes Thursday as North Texas defeated Arkansas-Little Rock 83-78.
Trailing 75-72, Thompson hit a 3-pointer - his sixth of the game - to tie the game up, and Josh White added another 3-pointer to put the Mean Green (9-4, 2-1 Sun Belt) up for good, 78-75. White added two free throws with 8 seconds left after Little Rock had pulled within 80-78.
Thompson finished with 26 points, George Odufuwa added 20 and eight rebounds, and White had 13 points and seven assists for North Texas, which has won three straight.
The victory also moved North Texas coach Johnny Jones into second place in school history with 135 career wins.
Alex Garcia-Mendoza had 21 points and Solomon Bozeman 20 for Little Rock (4-10, 0-3).
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 83
UALR 78 FINAL
Dec 31 7:38 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 45
UALR 37 HALFTIME
Dec 31 6:20 PM
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9