Dean lifts Eastern Washington to 79-75 victoryJan 1, 2010 - 1:46 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Freshman Glen Dean tied a school-record with seven 3-pointers, scored a career-best 29 points and hit 5 of 6 free throws in the final minute Thursday to carry Eastern Washington to a 79-75 victory over Sacramento State.
Mark Dunn added 26 points and nine rebounds as the Eagles (5-10, 1-1 Big Sky) snapped a five-game losing streak.
Antonio Flaggs had 18 points to lead five players in double figures for the Hornets (6-9, 1-2).
Trailing by as many as 16 in the second half, Sacramento State cut the lead to 75-73 on John Dickson's 3-pointer with 19.7 seconds left. Dunn hit two foul shots with 18.1 seconds left to push the lead back to four. Sultan Toles-Bey's two free throws with 12 seconds left pulled the Hornets to within 77-75 before Dean finally put the game away with two more foul shots with 10.7 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 75
EASTERN WASH 79 FINAL
Dec 31 8:02 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 26
EASTERN WASH 33 HALFTIME
Dec 31 6:47 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15