Charleston Southern edges Presbyterian 79-73 in OTJan 3, 2010 - 3:41 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jamarco Warren tied a career high with 37 points and Jeremy Sexton scored three layups in overtime as Charleston Southern edged Presbyterian 79-73 on Saturday night.
Warren, who also scored 37 points for the Buccaneers (6-7, 1-2 Big South Conference) in a win over Southeastern on Dec. 21, hit a 3-pointer for the 13th tie of the game, 68-68, with 2.2 seconds left in regulation.
Sexton, who finished with 15 points, got the first basket of the extra period, a layup with 4:36 remaining, and added layups on consecutive possessions to turn a 75-73 lead with 1:13 left into a 79-73 advantage at the 0:23 mark.
Chase Holmes scored 16 of his 26 points in the first half for the Blue Hose (2-13, 0-3), which ended with Presbyterian leading 34-32. Neither team led by more than six points in the second half.
Kelvin Martin added 17 points and 13 rebounds for Charleston Southern.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 79 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 2 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 68 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 2 9:37 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 32 HALFTIME
Jan 2 8:28 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18