Cornell wins 10th in row, 75-49 over BryantJan 2, 2010 - 10:56 PM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Ryan Wittman scored 19 points on 7-for-7 shooting, including five 3-pointers, as Cornell overwhelmed Bryant 75-49 on Saturday for its 10th consecutive victory.
The Big Red (12-2) opened the game with a 30-4 run and led by as many as 35 points in the second half. None of Cornell's starters played more than 20 minutes while combining to make 17 of 21 shots, and Max Groebe added 13 points off the bench.
Cornell, off to its best start ever through 14 games, will play at No. 1-ranked Kansas on Wednesday night.
The Big Red shot 57.7 percent (15-for-26) in the first half, including 72.7 percent (8-for-11) on 3-pointers, while the Bulldogs (0-14) shot 28.6 percent (6-for-21) and were unsuccessful on three 3-point attempts.
Vlad Kondratyev had a team-best 15 points off the bench for Bryant, while Michael Chroney had 10 points and six rebounds.
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10