Gray leads Gonzaga over Illinois 85-83 in OTJan 2, 2010 - 8:44 PM By ANDREW SELIGMAN AP Sports Writer
CHICAGO(AP) -- Steven Gray scored 20 points, Elias Harris and Robert Sacre added 19 apiece and Gonzaga rallied to beat Illinois 85-83 in overtime Saturday after blowing a big lead.
Harris scored on a reverse layup with 12 seconds left in overtime to break an 83-83 tie. Illinois' Brandon Paul then missed a 3-pointer, preserving the win for Gonzaga (11-3).
Illinois trailed by as many as 21 in the first half and led by eight in the second but needed a 3-pointer by Dominique Keller in the closing seconds of regulation after a miss by Demetri McCamey to tie it 79-79.
In overtime, Paul and McCamey each hit a pair of free throws to make it 83-80 before Matt Bouldin (18 points) tied it at 83 with 1:34 left.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS 83 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 2 3:24 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS 35 HALFTIME
Jan 2 2:00 PM
- Illinois' Tate rejoins basketball team after case dropped May 20
- Prosecutor: Case against Illinois' Jaylon Tate dropped May 19
- Brown gets new job at Illinois; Nunn pleads in battery case May 18
- Illinois' Nunn pleads guilty to misdemeanor, gets probation May 18
- Groce: Illinois' Black reinstated, will sit out 6 games May 6
- 9 years after Chief's end, Illinois looks for mascot May 2
- Illinois' Leron Black gets probation for threatening bouncer Apr 21
- Gonzaga's Domantas Sabonis declares for NBA draft Apr 7
- Deal would reduce charge, let Illinois' Black avoid jail Apr 4
- Timeline: NCAA calls Zags coach to admit officiating error Apr 1
- Gonzaga loses 63-60 to Syracuse in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- After arrests, Illinois AD gives Groce another endorsement Mar 24