Louisiana-Monroe nips Ark.-Little Rock 68-64Jan 3, 2010 - 1:37 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Tony Hooper scored a season-high 28 points, including eight 3-pointers, and Louisiana-Monroe beat Arkansas-Little Rock 68-64 on Saturday.
Hooper's threes were the most in the Sun Belt Conference this season and tied for the second-most in school history. Dynile Forbes added 12 points for the Warhawks (6,9, 1-3), who have won three of their past four games.
The Warhawks went on a 10-0 run to take a 66-59 lead on a jumper by Hooper with 1:09 to play. The Trojans (4-11, 0-4) responded with five straight to cut the lead to 66-64 on a basket by Solomon Bozeman with 25 seconds remaining. Forbes hit two free throws for the Warhawks with 13 seconds left to ice the game.
It was the sixth straight loss for the Trojans, with four of those defeats coming by eight points or less.
Matt Mouzy led the Trojans with 19 points. Bozeman added 17 and Alex Mendoza-Garcia had 10.
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 68 FINAL
Jan 2 7:28 PM
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 32 HALFTIME
Jan 2 6:18 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14