Northern Illinois bests North Dakota 66-45Jan 2, 2010 - 11:52 PM DEKALB, Ill.(AP) -- Xavier Silas scored 24 points, including 18 in the second half, to lead Northern Illinois to a 66-45 win over North Dakota on Saturday.
The Huskies (3-8) scored 25 points in the first 10 minutes while holding the Fighting Sioux (2-13) to just four. They went into halftime up 34-11.
Silas was 8-for-13 from the field, including sinking six shots from long distance. Though scoreless, Darion "Jake" Anderson made six assists to tie his season best.
Chris Clausen came off the bench to lead the Fighting Sioux with 16 points while Jordan Allard added eight. North Dakota dropped to 0-5 on the road.
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 45
NORTHN ILLINOIS 66 FINAL
Jan 2 6:16 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 11
NORTHN ILLINOIS 34 HALFTIME
Jan 2 4:54 PM
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14